FELTMAN’S GAME-DAY CHILI
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 Feltman’s of Coney Island hot dogs (grilled & sliced)
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cup chopped tomato
- ⅔ cup jalapeño pepper slices (jarred or canned)
- Jalapeño juice from the jar or can, to taste
- ½ cup chopped raw onions
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. smoked chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Sour cream (garnish)
- Shredded cheddar (garnish)
- In a preheated skillet, add extra virgin olive oil and heat on high for 30-60 seconds; once the oil is hot, add ground chuck, raw onions, salt & pepper and stir over heat until chuck is brown.
- Carefully pour out excess grease.
- Add browned beef and onions to medium-sized Crock Pot.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, powdered spices, jalapeños slices, jalapeño juice to taste, and hot sauce. Combine and stir until even mixture is reached.
- Set on medium heat and let cook for 5 hours.
- Once set cook time is complete, add pre-cooked Feltman’s hot dog slices to the pot, and let cook for 1 additional hour on medium heat.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar, as desired.