Serves: 1-2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
Breakfast, the most important meal of the day serving it up the Feltman’s way! Whether you enjoy it from the comfort of your home or in the great outdoors, these Breakfast Bratwursts are the perfect way to start your morning. Using just one pan and some fire, these Breakfast Brats are perfect for camping or road trips but will taste like it was made for a fancy brunch.
- 2 Feltman's All-Natural Bratwursts
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 golden potato, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ white onion, diced into half moons
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Optional: cilantro
- Using a fire starter, build your fire and let burn until it coals (about 15-20 minutes).
- Place cast iron skillet over fire 2-3 minutes before cooking to preheat. Add 2 Tbsp of butter to let it melt.
- Once preheated, add your two Feltman's Bratwursts to the skillet and let cook for 6 minutes per side on medium to high heat. After you flip the bratwursts for the first time, push them to one side and add potatoes too skillet. Let cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once potatoes are close to being done, add onions, poblano peppers, and red bell peppers. Mix the veggies around to make the hash.
- Once hash has fully cooked, add more butter into the hash and crack your two eggs on top. Cover the skillet and let cook until eggs reach your desired temperature.
- Add some chopped cilantro to the top and enjoy!