Makes: 12 slices | Prep time: 10 | Total time: 25
Sweet meets salty, and silky meats crispy in this delectable pairing. If you've never tried bacon and chocolate together, you might be surprised at how well rich, semi-sweet chocolate complements the smoky flavor of crispy bacon. It's truly a match made in heaven. We like to top ours with a few sprinkles of flaked sea salt, but you can use any other toppings you like, such as pistachios, pecans, white chocolate, etc. Two of the world's greatest foods combined in one pleasure-full bite—that's what this is. Give it a try for yourself!
- 12 strips Feltman's thick-cut bacon
- 16oz semi-sweet chocolate
- Flaked sea salt, chopped nuts, or other toppings of your choice
- Prepare bacon according to package directions or personal preference, making sure to cook bacon until it's crispy.
- Once bacon is cooked, let cool, then pat both sides of bacon with a paper towel to remove any lingering oil.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in microwave, making sure to not overcook!
- Holding a strip of bacon at the top, carefully dip most of it into melted chocolate. If you have trouble dipping bacon, use a spoon to pour melted chocolate over bacon until both sides are covered to your liking.
- Lay chocolate-dipped bacon on a tray or plate covered with waxed paper. While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle top with flaked sea salt, chopped toasted nuts, or any other toppings you'd like. Repeat until all of the bacon is covered with chocolate.
- Refrigerate the tray for about 15 minutes to set the chocolate. Once set, let bacon come to room temperature, and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Making a charcuterie board sometime soon? Add your chocolate-covered bacon to it!