- 4 Beef burger patties (4oz each)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- hard shells or tortilla chips, if desired
- sharp white cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- avocado, diced
- fresh cilantro
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet it hot, add your Pat LaFrieda’s Original Blend Beef burgers to the skillet and break them apart with a wooden spoon until crumbled into small pieces.
- Cook, stirring and breaking apart the beef often until it begins to brown. Add in the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to disperse all the seasonings. Cook until the beef is just browned.
- Serve the ground beef in tacos (warm corn or flour tortillas in the oven for a few minutes). We like to top ours with a quick pico de gallo, fresh cilantro, white cheddar cheese, and diced avocado.
For a Saucier Ground Beef
- The best way to make your ground beef reach that perfect level of sauciness is with a slurry. To make a slurry: Fill a shaker cup with ½ cup cold water or beef/vegetable stock. Add 1 ½ tablespoon all-purpose flour to the liquid and cover it. Shake for at least 30 seconds. With the skillet on low heat, slowly stream in the slurry to the ground beef while stirring with a wooden spoon. Stir often and cook over low for about 10 minutes.
- Toss the tomatoes, onion, cilantro and lime juice together in a bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.