Recipe by Tara Cox
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (about 2 cups), minced
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 3 peeled carrots, sliced into thin half-moons
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger (about a 3-inch piece)
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 Feltman’s hot dogs
- 4 oz mushroom
- 2 bunches baby bok choy
- 9 oz ramen noodles
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or large pot over medium-low heat.
- Add carrots, celery and onion and cook for about 10 minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add stock and soy sauce, simmer while preparing the rest of the soup.
- Set a small pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Cut hot dogs in half crosswise and then cut each half in thirds, lengthwise, like a cross section. (They should be long flat pieces, not sticks).
- In a separate pan over medium heat, cook hot dogs for about 4 minutes and remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, saute mushrooms very lightly and remove.
- Sautee bok choi very briefly, just until it begins to wilt.
- Add ramen to the small pot of boiling water, cook according to package directions (about 3 minutes). Drain.
- Fill bowls with ramen, ladle soup over noodles.
- Arrange hotdogs, mushrooms, bok choy, scallions and ½ a soft boiled egg in the bowl.
- For added zing, top with sriracha, chili oil, soy sauce or another favorite condiment.