Serving Size: 4
- 4 Feltman’s of Coney Island hot dogs, sliced
- 4 cups of cooked long grain rice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- I teaspoon butter (if desired)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare 4 cups of cooked rice, set aside
- On the stove: Bring two cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add 1 cup of rinsed rice, a pinch of salt, and dab of butter if desired. Once water & rice mixture has come back to a gentle simmer, reduce heat to low and cover saucepan. Cook on low for approximately 18-20 minutes. Turn heat off and let rest with the cover on for approximately 10 more minutes.
*check packaging for appropriate water to rice ratio
- In the microwave: Heat according to directions on package
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Once hot, add 4 cloves of chopped garlic, saute until brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Slice four Feltman’s of Coney Island hot dogs into ¾-in. slices and add to pan. Cook on medium heat for approx. 6-7 until desired char is achieved.
- Next, add sliced raw onion to the pan and saute until soft.
- In a separate pan, fry four eggs and set aside.
- Portion out cooked rice into serving bowls. Top each with cooked hot dogs and onions, browned garlic, a fried egg, and a dash of sriracha.