Serving Size: 12
- 6 Feltman’s of Coney Island hot dogs
- 1 teaspoon Feltman’s of Coney Island Deli Style Hot Dog Mustard
- 24 googly eye sprinkles (or sesame seeds)
- First, cut each hot dog in half, widthwise, to yield a total of 12 halves.
- Next, begin creating the “tentacles” by slicing the bottom half of each hot dog lengthwise in half.
- Rotate the hot dog and repeat, slicing the bottom portion lengthwise in half, again, until you’ve created 8 same-sized “tentacles.”
- In a large pot of water, boil the "octo-dogs" until the tentacles curl up.
- Once cooked, remove and place on a plate or tray to cool for 2-3 minutes
- Next, dab two small dots of Feltman’s Deli Style Mustard on each octopus “head” where the eyes should be, and stick googly eye sprinkles (or sesame seeds) on top.
- Serve as is, or on an “ocean” of seaweed salad or macaroni & cheese or spaghetti dyed with green or blue food coloring.
Courtesy and huge thanks, Chef Johnny Prime for the inspiration and recipe. He can be found via Instagram: @JohnnyPrimeCC