Serves: 4-6 | Prep time: 30 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
Two American classics, combined into one delicious meal. A surprising twist on your everyday burger, swap out the cheese on your cheeseburger for this delicious Truffle Macaroni and Cheese that oozes with flavor. We promise you won’t regret it. Can be enjoyed separately for a burger and a side, or together for maximum flavor. Either way, this is a recipe you won’t want to miss out on.
- 1lb elbow macaroni pasta
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ¼ Tbsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (packed) grated block New York extra sharp cheddar
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp black truffle oil (add more if you want a stronger flavor)
- Feltman's All-Natural 100% Beef Burger Patties, cooked to your liking
- Brioche burger buns, toasted
- Tomato, thinly sliced
- Leaf lettuce
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring water to a boil. Once boiling, salt the water and add pasta. Cook according to the package, then drain and return to the pot
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, and add in the black pepper, stirring until fragrant. Add in the flour and whisk until well combined.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the whole milk to the roux (flour-butter mixture), whisking constantly until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon (this can take a while, but it's worth it!).
- Add the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, dijon mustard, and black truffle oil, stirring until combined and the cheese has fully melted.
- Pour the melted cheese over the cooked macaroni, folding until it is evenly coated.
- To serve, enjoy this delicious truffle mac on it's own, OR elevate your Feltman's burger game. Set out your toasted brioche bun, placed the lettuce, tomato slice, and cooked burger onto the bottom bun, and then add a large scoop of the cheesy truffle mac on top of the burger patty. Place the top bun, serve, and enjoy!